The Perfect Saturday Summertime Lunch
1. Slice up an onion and evenly spread the rings out on the bottom of baking pan.
2. Place a rack of ribs on top, meat side up.
3. Pour a can of beer on top of the ribs.
4. Sprinkle the ribs with kosher salt and black pepper.
5. (Optional) Add a few dashes of Liquid Smoke to the beer at the bottom of the pan.
6. Cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 2.5-3 hours at 350.
7. Generously brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
8. Put the ribs on a grill at med-low heat for about 20 minutes to get the BBQ taste on the ribs. (Baking with the beer keeps them moist, so you won't have overly dry ribs which happens if you just grill them.)
1. Trim a couple of artichokes and put them into three inches of boiling water.
2. Cover and let cook for 25 minutes.
3. Remove, drain, and serve with a mixture of mayo and mustard dip.
<3 Thanks Mom, for the rib recipe, and thanks Em for inspiring me to cook my own artichoke for the first time! <3