Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mission Curb Appeal: Update




In the past few days we have painted the shutters to match the stained wood, installed a new doorbell button, hung Old Glory, and painted the front door. Mike had to make a metal flag holder because the plastic one that came with the flag broke last year. I'm in love with the new doorbell button from Restoration Hardware. I am somewhat disappointed with the color that the door turned out. It is too much red and not enough purple. It's called Deep Garnet by Behr, but I don't think it turned out like the swatch. Mike also got started on replacing some rotted wood so that I can paint the trim of the garage door.




Up next: New front door handle (that brass door knob makes me want to vomit). Paint trim of garage door gray. Find a cool door knocker. Install rain gutters. Come up with the money to build new front composite steps/porch.

1 comment: