Saturday, September 8, 2012

On Grief

I've neglected my blog for awhile. With my crazy schedule of teaching, coaching, and taking classes, I don't have much down time. And I'm struggling with what to blog about. My mind's been burdened with a lot of heartache... thoughts that I'm not sure I want to type for anyone to see.



A friend of mine has shared this quote many times (it's from Victor Hugo's Les Misérables), and I found out this summer how true it is.
 
 
 
"Certain thoughts are prayers. 
There are moments when,
whatever the attitude of the body may be,
the soul is on its knees."


And I'm not sure how long it will be before the hurt starts to lessen, the tears become less frequent, and such moments become fewer and farther between. But I do know that if I didn't have my faith, I'd be a broken and bitter woman right now.


There are those whose battles have been far bigger than my own in the past couple of months. It is them I think about when my own soul has fallen to its knees.


 

1 comment: